If you are an administrator give yourself and your colleagues Access rights to the Assistant under Settings - Licences & Users by checking the necessary boxes. See below.
Note: The assistant is included as part of our offer to our Accountant partners and is an add-on module to the Client Manager. You will only see the Assistant Access rights if the user has a Client Manager licence.
Admin Rights: Full rights to do everything in the assistant
- Access to all users & their assignments: The Admin can then get an overview of the workload at the individual level and for the company as a whole.
- Rights to set up assignments for other users
- Give user rights for the Assistant to other users
- The Systems administrator can also add new users.
The top level check-boxes, if checked or unchecked will affect all underlying boxes in their subsection turning all of them on or off. Top level check-boxes are viewing rights only.
- Edit Task: You must be able to edit tasks to work with the Assistant. Note that with this right only you cannot do the following things in the tasks as they are governed by specific rights:
- Edit the estimated time for the task which is set on the Template/ Assignment
- Share your tasks with others.
- Amend the time spent directly on the task
- Share Task: This allows the consultant who is not an administrator to add colleagues to their tasks and that way share their work. When the task is shared with a colleague, he or she can edit the task.
- Amend time: Allows the accountant to change the time spent in the task card in the Assistant. This does not affect time reporting but will affect the time spent shown in the assistant reports and in the Calendar view.
- Assistant assignment templates: The user is allowed to work in the Registry - Assistant Assignments - Assistant assignment Templates. Create, Edit, Share, Copy and Inactivate templates.
Registry - Assistant Assignments
- Edit Assignment: The user can go to Registry - Assistant assignment and add a template to a client to set them up in the assistant. The user creates assignments with are the rows that populate the Assistant. Each Assignment contains a groups of activities which auto-generate the tasks the consultant works with. The user can Create, Edit, Copy and Share this assignment.
To edit an Activity: you need to have the user right to edit Assignments on the specific clients you are working with.
- Inactivate Assignments: Means that you can inactivate the Assistant Assignment for that client in the Registry. The Client and its Assignment are no longer visible in the Assistant and all future tasks where no time has been reported on are removed.
Sharing tasks with other consultants in the assistant:
When setting up a client in the assistant, the only clients usually available to a Consultant are the clients they have access to via the Client Manager:
Step 1: User right: Login to Client Account
Under Setting - Licences & Users make sure the the consultant has the rights required. The minimum right necessary for the consultant at the Client Manager level is the possibility to login to a client account. See below.
Step 2: the consultant has to have access to the client
This access is given by an administrator in the Client Overview click on the icon for “Administrate client Account” at the end of the row.
The consultant needs to be at least a user in the client account. That is when you can see a client in your client list.
When both these requirements are fulfilled then the consultant can share a task or an activity for a specific company with a colleague.
Reporting and Invoicing Time
If your colleagues or employees are only going to report time via the assistant they do not need access to Time as all reporting can be managed from the Assistant.