Step 1: User rights and modules
If you are an administrator:
- Give yourself or your colleagues user rights to the Assistant under Admin - Users. Read more about assistant user rights
- Note that the assistant is an add-on module to the Client Manager and you will only see the Assistant user rights if you have a Client Manager licence.
- If you are going to use the time-connection in the Assistant, remember to give yourself a time module and corresponding user rights - if your colleagues or employees are only going to report time via the assistant they do not ned access to time.
Step 2: Clients and Items
Setting up becomes easier if you already have:
- Your clients set up in your Client Manager - You can set them up directly in the Assistant: Add Client
- The items with prices which represent the work you carry out for your clients and you want to invoice them. Read more about Setting up items in your Registry and invoicing time.
Set up your work in the Assistant
Step 1: Create your template(s)
The Accounting Assistant is based on Assignment Templates which when linked to your Customers to create the activities that generate the tasks which populate your Assistant. Read more about the concept & structure of the Assistant.
- Click on the Assistant in the left hand menu:
- if you have no clients click on Add Client
- otherwise click on Add Template. This takes you to the Registry - Assistant Template, where you create your first template: Click Add Template (again)
give your template a name and a description.
- Edit existing activities by clicking on the name or the pen.
- Uncheck the boxes to inactivate activities that should not be included in your template.
- Create activities under the various activity groups of your template By clicking add new activity.
- At this point you can only edit the Standard settings of the Activities you create.
Details can be edited when the template is linked to the customer.
Details are: First due date, end date, client email.
- Make sure your template is Active.
Note: The changes you make are saved automatically so do not worry of you get interrupted in your work, you can always pick up where you left off.
Step 2: Link your template to a client
- Go to Registry : Assistant Assignment and click on Add assignment in front of the customer you want to create an assignment for (A row in the Assistant).
- When linking the assignment to the Client you can mass-manage what consultant(s) will be working with client's Assignment.
Here you also have the possibility to copy any existing assignments.
- In the next step you need to customise the settings on the activities for that specific customer if necessary.
That is to say all the settings that cannot be predefined at the template level:
- End date (if one is needed - left empty by default)
- First delivery date (Default date is today)
- Customer e-mail is taken from what is registered on the company.
- Lastly, to populate the assistant you need to Activate the Assignment. Turn the active toggle to green.
Activating the assignment for the customer will populate the assistant with this customers’ assignment and create the activities for the next 12 months.
If the activities are linked to time, assignments and activities will automatically be created so that you can report time directly from the assistant.
Ta da! Now you can go to the Accounting Assistant. Click on the Assistant in the main menu. You will see your first row with activities to do, with the their different statuses of priority for today! Now you can get to to work with the Assistant!
Share your work with a colleague
If you have the user right that enables you to share Tasks, you can add a colleague to an activity or a task as a backup. Your colleague will need to have the right to login to the specific client account to be able to login to and work with the client.
- User right under Admin - Users: Login to Client Account.
- The consultant has to have access to the specific client from the client manager.
Need to make changes?
No worries. You can make changes both on your templates as well as on the activities and tasks created from these.
Deactivating the assignment for the customer with the toggle, will remove the assignment from the assistant including all activities that were created for the coming 12 months.
If your activities are linked to time, these will be locked so that no time can be reported on them by mistake. An assignment can always be activated again.
As long as no time has been reported on an assignment it can be deleted. If time has been reported it can only be deactivated.