Connect the Assistant to Time and Invoicing
When you activate the assignments you have set up for your customers in the Assistant, they are also automatically created in the Briox time reporting module.
To use the time reporting and invoicing possibility offered to you by the assistant make sure to:
- Turn on the toggle Automatically link to time in the activity
This will enable you to report time on this activity.
- Link the Activity to an item & make sure the item has a price
This way you can automatically generate ready invoices you can send to your customers. The detailed time attachments will display all the work that has been carried out on their behalf.
- Activate the time module on the consultants who require it:
- Simple time reporting can be managed directly from the assistant.
- If the consultant wants to report time on other activities than those in the Assistant, or correct time they have reported then they will need access to time.
- The same is true for the user who will be invoicing time.
Read more about the time module. (in Finnish or Swedish for the moment)
Once you have linked you activities to time you will be able to report time directly from the Assistant.
At the end of every row, all the tasks connected to time have a clock icon.
When you click on it, a time reporting window opens and you can enter the amount of hours you want to report on this task.
These hours will be summed up om the task under spent hours and compared to the estimated hours for the task.
Assignments and Activities in Time
Every activity from the Assistant that is linked to time gets a row in Time reporting. And the hours reported from the assistant land on that row. For every reporting opportunity a new row is created so that if different comments are made they will not write over each other. See below.
The user can then report time on the assignment and its activities via the assistant as well as directly in time if the have access:
In time we will create the following automatically with the following default values:
- Assignment Name: Assistant : Customer name
- Description: is the name of the assignment in the assistant.
- Activity comes from the assistant as set up by yourself.
Updating and changing activities and assignments
- If you update an activity in the Assistant then the update changes even the historical information of this activity.
Note: Activities and assignments created in the Assistant cannot be removed or edited from time. Everything must be done in the Assistant.
Deleting Activities and assignments
If no time has been registered on tasks the tasks and corresponding activities and assignments can be deleted from the assistant.
- When deleting and assignment: all tasks are removed, those created backwards in time as well as forwards in time.
There will be no more row for the client in the assistant.
Anything created in Time will be removed
- When deleting an activity: all tasks are removed those created backwards in time as well as forwards in time.
- Activity groups cannot be deleted.
Inactivating Activities and assignments
If time has been registered on a task, the corresponding assignment cannot be deleted & must be inactivated, the same is true for activities
- When inactivating an assignment: all tasks are removed forward in time only, the customer disappears from the Assistant, all activities are locked in time so nothing can be reported on them. An assignment can always be activated again.
- When inactivating an activity: the activity will be locked it in time so no time can be reported on it & all its tasks are removed forward in time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.