Checklist to be able to create a Supplier Invoice:
- Do the settings for accounting and supplier invoice.
- Add a supplier.
- Create an invoice.
- Before you create your first supplier invoice, you should have completed the settings for Briox Accounting as we guide you in Getting Started with Briox Accounting and also added your suppliers in the supplier registry.
- Select Supplier Invoices in the main menu under Supplier Invoice and click on Create Supplier Invoice.
- At the left on the invoice you will see the preliminary serial number and the journal reference. As long as the invoice is not saved or posted, these numbers are preliminary and marked with a star. When you then save and post the invoice, you will see numbers without a star.
- The first step is to choose a supplier or enter a new one. Enter a supplier number or click on the selection button to the right of the Supplier No. field. You will then see a list of all the suppliers registered in the application.
If the supplier is not registered, you can register it by clicking on the Add New button. Enter the details in the form that appears and click on Save. Now the supplier is in the registry and you can continue recording the supplier invoice.
- Fill in the Total invoice amount then choose the applicable VAT rate in the drop down menu for Reclaimable VAT. The program automatically allocates the vendor debt and VAT on the default accounts.
When you do this, the VAT amount is automatically calculated and entered into the Reclaimable VAT field. The Total and VAT are also automatically fed into the fields for Debit and Credit in the invoice registration form, and you can see the difference at the bottom of the form. See below.
In the invoice you can also see Account 4000 has appeared.
It is the Default Account for Purchases, if you are using the Briox default Chart of Accounts You can change your default account under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts. See below.
You can also register a contra account directly on a supplier in the registry under Additional Information or mark it as a Construction supplier or a Intra-community Acquisitions directly in the registry under Additional Information. The correct VAT account and purchase account will automatically appear on the supplier invoice.
- You have the possibility to register the supplier invoice against one or several Projects, or Cost Centres.
- Adjust the Invoice Date and Due Date if necessary. If you have filled in the field Payment Terms for the supplier in the Registry, these dates should adjust automatically to the pre-selected terms for that supplier. In the Example below it is 30 days.
- If you have recorded your own customer number in the Supplier Registry, it will be retrieved automatically. Otherwise, please enter your customer number manually in the field Customer No.
- Enter Our reference and Your reference if required. If they do not appear automatically it is because they have not been registered in the supplier registry.
- Select if the invoice can be paid via Payment File or not. The default setting is that invoices can paid via payment file (supplier payment file).
If the box Deactivate Payment File appears on the invoice header as already ticked, this means that you have chosen to deactivate the payment file option on that supplier in the supplier registry (Registry - Suppliers, select a supplier and you will find the tick box under Additional Information).
You now have the option to enable the creation of a payment file for this invoice only by “un-ticking” the box.
- Once the header of the invoice is complete, check the predefined purchase account on the first free coding line, eventual Cost Centre (column Ks) and projects (column Prj). If you do not want to use the default account from under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts, or the one you have registered on the Supplier in the Supplier Registry, you can delete it by clicking on the recycling bin at the end of the row and register a new account manually or choose one via the selection button.
- The amount can either be entered manually on the Purchases row or the invoice can be balanced automatically by pressing enter once the cursor is in the debit or credit column.
- When you have completed recording the Supplier Invoice, click on Save or Save and Post.
You will now be able to see it in the Supplier Invoice list under Purchases - Supplier Invoices. If the invoice is saved without being posted then it is displayed as Unposted on a yellow background in the list.
The colour codes for Supplier Invoices and their meanings are illustrated in the Supplier Invoice filter dropdown.
You can at any time click on any un-posted invoice to open it and click on the Save and Post button to post it. We would recommend you to post supplier invoices as you register them into the system.