Briox Accounting gives you an option to import a list of your suppliers instead of having to register them individually.
- Go to Registry - Suppliers and select Import in by clicking the blue action button a the top of your screen.
- Save your list of suppliers as a tab-separated text-file (.txt) with your information arranged in columns and with one supplier per row. Use UTF8 as encoding if you have any special characters.
If you are a Mac user please save your file as a Windows Formatted Text (.txt). See below.
- Once you have a list of your suppliers ready in the correct file format, click on Choose File and select the file you want to import.
- Click on Upload and the various columns of your import appear in the preview area.
If you have not given your import a name in the Import name field, then the file name becomes the import name by default. See below.
- Now several settings and choices can be made for your import:
- If you want the software to create supplier numbers for you then, check the “Automatically create Supplier No.” box.
- Choose what you want to do with duplicates via the radio buttons. See below.
- If the first row of the file you want to import has headings, please check “Ignore the first row”.
- You can then link the columns of your import to the fields in the registry they should be imported into.
Select the headings for each row by clicking on the box above each column and ticking the box in front of the designations which best fit your columns. You can even choose several designations per column. See the picture below where the address field is to act as the invoicing address as well as the visiting address.
Note: You can see in the list which fields have already been matched.
- Once all the columns have been allocated appropriate headings click on the Import File button. Answer OK if you want to confirm the import or Cancel if you want to go back.
Once the import is complete, you will be able to see your suppliers under Registry - Suppliers. These suppliers are now available for you to use when creating your supplier invoices.