Go toPurchasesOrders -Create Purchase Order and fill in the fields.
Enter the supplier number or start typing the supplier name in theSupplier Nofield, the autocomplete functionalitywill then offer you a list of suppliers to choose from. Alternately click on the selection button to select a supplier from the registry.
At the top left hand side, you will see the next available Purchase Order Number that has been allocated automatically. This purchase order number is a preliminary number as long as there is a * after it.
If the PO is to be recorded against a specificProjectand/orCost Centre, enter the information in the relevant fields in the header. Otherwise click on the selection button to select from the list of available projects/cost centres. These selections will be applied to each item row.
If you want to allocate a different project/cost centre to each items row, enter your selections manually in thePrjandCC columns. See below.
The fieldsPayment TermsandOur Customer Number, Our reference, Your Referenceas well asCurrencyare automatically filled in if the information has been recorded for the supplier in theSupplier Registry. These fields can always be altered when creating the PO.
The current date is shown as the Purchase Order Date, this can be changed either manually or by selecting a date from the calendar. The Delivery Date and Estimated Delivery Date are set manually in the PO or with help of the calendar.
In the section Purchase Order Text and Address:
- In the field Purchase Order Text, enter the text you want to appear on your purchase order or choose from the menu via the selection button.
- In the field Notes, enter any internal notes you feel you need on this specific PO. Internal notes are not printed on the PO.
Register items in the rows by typing the item numbers or names, alternately, retrieve them from the registry via the selection button.<
Enter the quantity you want to order in theQty Orderedcolumn.
If you want to change the way the quantity is presented in the PO you can alter the number of decimal places used in theQuantitycolumn. You do this underSettings - Purchase Order/ Invoicing/Sales Order - Invoice Input View.
The rest of the columns are automatically filled in with the information registered on the item in the Registry. The more information you have entered about an item in your item registry, the more columns will be completed automatically in your PO. The price of the item is mandatory and is retrieved from the Purchase Price field in the item registry. It can also be entered manually in the PO.
If your supplier grants you adiscount, it can be specified on each item row either as apercentageorthe exact amount(in currency). Click directly in the discount column, as shown in the picture below, to switch between percentage and amount of discount.
You can also register ageneral discount in percent (%)on the total invoice in the footer. See below.
Account number (A/C No) is determined as follows:
-Primarily by thepurchase accountregistered on the item in the Item registryin theAccounts Informationsection.
- Secondly by thepurchase accountregistered on the supplier in the supplier registry.
- Lastly, by thedefault purchase accountset under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts - Purchases.
The VAT rate is determined by
- Firstly by the settings registered on the Supplier in the registry, for example if the Supplier is based in a country outside or within the EU
- Secondly, the sales account registered on the Item in the Item registry. When an item is registered on a purchase order, the application looks at what VAT rate is registered on the sales account registered on the Item.
- Lastly, if nothing is registered on the supplier and no sales account is registered on the item either, the application gets the VAT rate fromthe default sales account registered under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts - Sales.
If required fill in the columns forCost Centre (CC)andProject (Prj).
If you want to move item rows, you can click on thearrowson the right hand side to move rows up or down. To delete the content on a row, click on theRecycling binicon on the far right hand side.
If you cannot see the arrows, you need to click on the iconshow / hiderow tools up in the right corner.
When you are satisfied with your PO, click onSaveat the bottom of the Page.