Updates in Banking
This Release contains several updates to Banking of which the main feature is a new presentation of the account statement as received from the bank.
The menus have been renamed
- The Import History menu is now called Bank Statements as you can access the account statement as imported from you bank from this view.
- The Accounts Statement view is renamed Transaction List as in this view you can browse through all your transactions, per account, regardless of which statement they were imported with. This view now also offers a period summary when you select all transactions.
A new Bank Statements report and Drill down
- A new "report" shows the account statement as received from your bank
From the newly renamed Bank Statements view your can access the account statement as imported from the bank. Click on the bank icon on the import row for the specific statement to display the new bank statement.
Read more: How to print the account statement
- A drill down to the account statement has been included in the tracking
From the account statement your can drill down directly to the payment journal that has been created when you reconciled payments under banking.
You can also drill down to the transaction in the transaction list if you choose.
Read more about Banking and the audit trail.
More information and a new filter to make work easier
- New elements displayed in Banking
On the account statement, transaction list and in the process transaction view, we now display the banks' Entry definition code
Each account statement is also imported with their unique statement id, so they can easily be tracked back to the bank.
- More information has been added to the import account statement view:
When new statements are imported we display the bank account closing balance, beside the Briox account balance.
In the last column we show how many transactions are not reconciled and of these, how many are (already matched).
- A new period summary section has been added to the transaction list
As in the account statement, opening and closing balances as well as the number of transactions and transactions per type have been added to the transaction list. These will be calculated and displayed for any selected period.
Read more about the transaction list view.
- A new filter
In the process transaction view we have introduced the same filter as in the transaction list. This should help clear the view and make manual reconciliation easier.
Read more about processing transactions in banking.
Automated Time reporting reminder
As an administrator for Time you can now remind all users to report time automatically!
Under Settings - Time, you can set up a recurring reminder that will reach all employees and users that have either Time reporting or Personal time reporting.
New filter and mass management in the COA
Speed up setting up or customising your chart of accounts thanks to the new filters and mass management possibilities offered in this release.
Read more about the Chart of accounts and the features that can be mass managed.
Comments to users in the journal view
Comments can now be written on journals and be sent directly to users as a call to action.
You can “send a comment” to any one of the users with the right to read and write comments, so that they can comment back or just check the journal.
- The payroll journal now summarises all cost accounts to one row per account. Read more.
- The Journal template search in banking - process transactions has now been fixed. Read more.
- The Briox subscription page is now also available on Client accounts that are paid by agencies. Go to Admin - Briox Subscription to see the accounts' subscription and invoicing information.