An employee can be an "employee only" or a Briox user as well as an employee. This affects the way the employee is set up.
Case 1: Synchronise the payroll employee registry to Briox
When setting up payroll, you add all your employees to the Employee tab of payroll.
Once this is done, you can synchronise the employee registry from Palkkaus.fi to to your Briox User registry.
To do this go to Admin - Users, at the bottom of the left-hand main menu.
In the drop down menu under at the top of your screen, select Synchronise Palkkaus employee registry.
- When you click on Synchronise Palkkaus employee registry, all the employees from Palkkaus.fi are synchronised to Briox.
- In the modal that appears next, you can see if Briox has matched the employee to a user or intends to create a completely new user in Briox.
- If the user already exists in Briox it will be matched to the employee on the basis of their:
- Family name
- If Briox is not able to match the employee to an existing user for some reason, you can choose to exclude the employee from the import and create a manual match between user and employee, see section below.
- To exclude any users that already exist in Briox turn on the toggle in the synchronisation list. See below.
- Click Save to create new users or links to existing users.
- Once a user has been excluded from the registry synchronisation it will never appear as a choice again.
- Only employees that are not linked to users appear in the list.
Employees are always added to Briox with the right to receive their payslip in the app. If they are to have more user rights you need to add them manually. Read more about employee user rights here.
Case 2: Link an employee to a Briox user in the registry
In the case where an employee already exists in Briox and was not matched during the registry synchronisation you need to link them manually. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First go to Admin - Users, and click on the Synchronise Palkkaus employee registry button (as above). This step is necessary for the Briox user registry to discover any new employees that have been added to Palkkaus.fi.
- Click Cancel
- Then select the user in the list by clicking on the Edit user icon.
- In the modal that opens unlock the Palkkaus employee drop down and select the employee which the Briox user is to be linked with. Lock the drop down again.
The unlocked drop down below:
Only employees that are not matched to users are displayed here.
Note: when linking users and employees manually, it is the admins responsibility to link users and employees correctly. If several employees have the same name, please make sure to use a middle name to differentiate them for example.
When a user and an employee are linked, the user's rights are unchanged but they automatically get the rights to receive their payslip in the app. If you wish to give them other employee user rights, such as scanning to the payroll folder or time reporting, you need to do so manually.
Note: The employee will need to Log out and in again or close the app to see their new user rights.