If you are setting up an asset that has already been depreciated in another system, you need to manually enter an opening balance and a depreciated until date for us to calculate the depreciation plan correctly.
When setting up an asset that has already been depreciated in another program before Briox:
- In the field Useful Life: Enter the total useful life of the asset.
- In the field Depreciation Start Date: you must specify the original/first depreciation start date for the Asset.
- Enter all other data relevant to the asset.
- Save the Asset.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Enter opening balance.
- In the field new opening balance value: enter the sum of all previously performed depreciation.
- The depreciation start date is entered automatically
- Enter the asset's depreciated until date so that Briox can automatically calculate the asset’s depreciation plan as from that date.
- If you want, you can also write a note.
- Click Save.
When the new opening balance value is saved, the depreciation plan and book value of the asset are updated.