Banking with templates offers the possibility to select journal templates to be used directly in the process transaction view in Banking.
When Banking Templates is selected in the drop down menu, the selected templates will be available in the right hand column of the process transaction view and transactions can be dropped straight onto them to create journals.
Some smartness has been added to our templates so that a customer who has multiple bank accounts always gets the correct payment account in their journal without having to set up the same template as many times as he or she has accounts.
When using templates in banking, all accounts that are linked to a payment method will be switched to the payment method selected in banking, that is to say the account being reconciled at that moment.
Read more about creating Journal templates.
- Create a banking template:
Go to Settings - Accounting - Journal templates.
Create or select the templates you want to have available in the Process transaction view of banking, by checking the column banking infront of the template.
Note: Only templates of type Accounting can be selected as banking templates.
- Go to Banking - Process Transactions.
Select Baking Templates in the dropdown in the right hand column.
The templates that have been selected for banking under settings will appear in the right hand column.
- Drag the bank transaction from the left hand column and drop onto the template in right hand column. You can select one or many transactions to drop onto the template.
Note: the transactions must have the same date to be able to create a journal from both of them.
- When the transaction(s) is dropped onto the template a Create Journal window appears where you will see how the journal is coded and have the possibility to change the journal description if you wish.
- In this view you have several choices at the bottom. Click:
- OK for the transaction to be added to the list of transactions to be processed. (A journal will be created and the transactions will be marked with the journal number in the account statement view).
- Cancel will return you and the transactions to the process transaction list and you can start over again.
- Manual entry will take you to the journal entry view, the same view as when you choose Create new journal in the process transaction view. Here you can edit everything in the journal and link documents.
- Delete will do the same as Cancel if you are in the modal and have not yet presses OK. If you have pressed OK and the transaction is in the Matched transactions section at the bottom of the screen, Delete will return the transactions to the list and delete the match.