A barcode can be used to provide payment transaction information. Briox customers can add barcodes to their customer invoices. Using the drag-and-drop functionality when editing a template, you can easily create printout templates with barcodes for your customer invoices.
The barcodes we are using are according to the standard of the Finance Finland (FFI).
A barcode contains the following information which is taken from your invoice and looks similar to the picture below:
- Your IBAN number
- Invoice number
- Invoice Total
- The automatically generated reference number of the invoice
- The due date of the invoice
Workflow for Creating a Printout Template with a Barcode
Go to Settings - Invoicing - Printout Templates. Create a new template or edit an already existing template of yours.
Select Barcode in the drag-and-drop menu on the right side of your template editor.
Drag-and-drop the element where you want to have the barcode show up on the invoice, for example in the invoice footer.
Afterwards, save the template.
Good to know:
- The barcode can be maximum 105 mm wide and cannot be shorter than 70 mm. We recommend to use the maximum width for the barcode. The length is 10,0-12,7 mm.
- An empty space of maximum 5,0 mm is recommended underneath the lines of the barcode.
- Your IBAN number has to be entered (including the prefix FI) under Settings - Company Settings - Company Information.