Workflow for the Accrual of a Supplier invoice
- Go to the main menu on the left side of your screen and select Supplier Invoice - Supplier Invoices and click on Create Supplier Invoice.
Enter the supplier and the total amount of the invoice.
- To apply an accrual to the invoice, click on the accrual icon you find in the upper right corner of your page.
- This will open an accruals window where you can fill in the information necessary to set up your accrual.
Set the period and which frequency you want to use for your accrual.
Select if your accrual should be calculated by Days or Months.
You can change the total accrual amount in case it is not the entire invoice amount that should be accrued.
Enter the accruals account and cost account if you do not have default accounts already set up.
- If you have turned on the possibility to accrue te invoices with VAT use the radio button VAT Included to make the VAT accrual account & VAT account appear.
- If necessary select the journal type the accrual journals should be posted with.
- The journal description is entered automatically: Accrual of Supplier invoice Serial number. If you want to give the accrual journal another name you can input it here automatically.
- The journal coding appears automatically in the journal preview. If necessary you can edit manually and enter Cost Centres or Projects. If there are marked as mandatory and suggested in the chart of accounts they will appear automatically.
Note: When calculating accruals by days:
- Instead of the actual amounts, we display % in the coding view.
- You can only edit debit and credit on the cost account row.
- You may add additional rows but make sure the total makes up 100%.
- Click save to save you accrual settings.
If we need to carry out a round off a warning tells you how much of the accrual amount needs to be rounded. This amount will be posted to the Invoice journal on the cost account.
The accrual account is sent to the supplier invoice and the invoice will now balance and you can post it.
- When the invoice has ben posted all the accruals appear in the accrual list.
- The accruals icon lights up in the supplier invoice list to indicate which supplier invoices are accrued.
Please sign in to leave a comment.