If you have access to Briox Time, you can always register time for yourself. If you have the required user access rights, that is set under Settings - Licenses & Users - Time Reporting Access Rights, then you can also register time for others.
The basic technique is that time is registered one week at a time. When the week’s registration is complete, you signal it by submitting the week. Registered time must then be authorised so that it can be invoiced.
- Go to Time - Time and Expenses - Create Week.
- If you have the access rights to register time for others, then you start by selecting a user. Choose a name from the dropdown menu in the User field. If you can only record time for yourself, then your name is pre-selected.
- The next step is to choose a week in the calendar. Click on the week you want to start registering time on. Click on the week number on the left side of the calendar. The current week is underlined. You can browse the calendar by clicking on the scroll arrows. A single arrow means one year forward / backwards, and a double arrow means a month forward / backwards. See picture below.
- The week you have chosen must now be “created” - this means populating the week with assignments you can register time on.
- You will be asked if you want to copy the assignments from the previous week if you have one. Click on OK if you know that you will use the same or essentially the same assignments as the last week you registered time on. If you do not want to copy the assignments, click on Cancel instead.
- Click on the selection button in front of Assignment to select from the assignment registry, or enter an assignment manually into the Assignment field. The assignment code and the customer name will appear. Add all the assignments you know you will be registering time on. You can, at any time, add more assignments.
- Once you have chosen Assignments, you can select Activities by clicking on the selection button in the Activity field. The Activities that have been registered on the Assignment you have chosen on that row are displayed. If you have missed registering an activity you can at any time complete the Assignment by registering additional activities under Registry - Assignments.
you cannot select an activity to register time on if you have not chosen an assignment. Activities you want to register time on must be linked to an assignment.
- If you are going to register time on several different activities for the same assignment, add another row with the same assignment and select a different activity on that row. Enter all the assignments and activities on which you are going to record time on that week.
- When you want to register the number of hours, pieces, km, etc. you have worked or spent that week, click on the field under the correct week day in which you want to register the number.
Do this regardless of which unit the activity has. Click on Save when you are ready.
When you save, the rows are grouped by assignment to make it easier for you. On the right hand side of the table, you can see the unit for each activity.
Until the moment you submit a week (by clicking on the submit button in the action bar at the bottom of your screen), you can make changes in the registration of the various activities.
Just click on the field you want to change and enter the new information.
- You have the option of recording notes or comments for each day of the week by clicking on the speech bubble icon on the end of each activity row .
The form below will appear.
If you want your comment to be printed on the invoice, check the box at the bottom of the relevant day and save, as shown above. Keep in mind that the date on which the comment is written is not recorded on the invoice; so if you want the date to be specified, then you have to write the date in the comment. You can delete or change the comment on the invoice if required.
You see that a row comment has been entered when the speech bubble has text in it .
- Once all the registrations for the week are done, you submit the week to signal that it is ready for approval / invoicing. Open the week by clicking on the week number in the calendar and click on Submit. A control question appears. Click on OK to submit the week or Cancel if you have changed your mind.
Once a week has been submitted, you can no longer make any changes to that week ,unless you unlock it by clicking on Unlock in the action bar the bottom of your screen. The ability to unlock a delivered week is governed by user rights.
The calendar’s colour code shows the status of the various weeks (See picture below):
Pink—Outstanding: indicates that the week has passed and has not been submitted.
Green—Approved: indicates that the week has been approved.
Yellow—Submitted: indicates that the week has been submitted but not Approved as yet.
White—Available: indicates that the week is available to register time and expenses on.