When you have registered your customers and your items, it is time to set up the various assignments.
Assignments are used when each assignment has been tailored to your customer. You can have multiple assignments for the same customer.
- Go to Registry - Assignments, and click on Add Assignment.
- Select an Assignment Template if relevant, then choose the Customer you are going to link to the assignment. You do this by clicking on the selection button beside the Customer No. field and selecting a customer from the list that appears. You also have the possibility to enter a customer number manually.
- An assignment number will automatically be attributed to the assignment. You can change this number manually if you want.
- Enter a Description for the activity.
- Fill in the activities and items you want to be available in your assignment and save (see picture below). The fields are identical with the ones being described under Assignment Templates.
- If you wish to change the information in a field, click in the field and edit as required. If you want to delete data, mark it and delete it. If you want to delete an entire row, click on the recycling bin icon at the far end of the relevant row. Click on Save when finished.
Link a Project to an assignment
If you use project tracking, you can report time on your projects by linking the project to your assignment. Use projects only if you want the project number to appear on the invoice and in your accounting.
- Go to Registry - Project and select a project from the list or create a new project by entering your project data.
- The next step is to select a customer and an assignment. When you then click on Save, the project and the assignment are linked. You can choose to link an assignment template to the project via the selection button. When the project is saved, an assignment is created on the basis of the selected template.
- If you have multiple customers connected to a project, proceed as described above for each customer in the project.