- Go to Settings - Purchase Order/Invoicing/Sales Order - Printout Templates.
- Under Add New Template next to Type you select which type of template you want to create in the drop-down menu and next to Based on you choose on which template you want to base your new template on in the drop-down menu. See below.
The drop-down menu next to Based on also lists all previously customized templates you created.
Keep in mind:
You cannot edit the Briox standard templates. So if you want to create your own template based on one of the standard templates, you need to copy and rename the template to be able to edit it.
- You can choose in which Language the template should be created.
The choice of language only affects the headings inside the template. The item names are not affected by the choice of language for the template.
- Only check the checkbox Freely position address if you are not using the template to create documents based on the template using the printout service or which will be printed out and sent in a window envelope which requires the correct location of the address on the invoice. If you check the checkbox you can move the invoice address inside the template whereever you want.
- Enter the margins for the invoice template in mm.
This indicates the width of the white frame around the invoice and the outer boundaries of the various blocks. See below.
- Click on Add New Template when you are ready to proceed.
- The tempalte is visible in the template editing view. Here you can enter the Name and click on Save.
- After you have saved your own template, you can find this template under Settings - Purchase Order/Invoicing/Sales Order - Printout Templates below the headline Own Templates, as well as in the drop-down menu next to Based on (where you can select which template you want to base your next customized template on). See below.
Now you have created a template which you can edit!