When you want to register a payment on a customer invoice, you have two options. See below.
- Go to Invoicing - Customer invoices to display the invoice list. Click on the invoice for which you want to register a payment.
- The invoice will open up and you can see its detailed view. If you do not see the invoice in the list, it may be due to the fact that the filter you have chosen does not include the relevant invoice. Select for example Unpaid to see all unpaid invoices.
- When you have located your invoice, click on it to open it. Click on Register Payment in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. If the icon is disabled, you cannot register a payment on the invoice. This could be due to the fact that the invoice is saved only and not posted, or that it has been voided.
- A new payments page will open where you can see the invoice details, the amount and the balance to be paid as well as any partial payments that have previously been made on the invoice.
If the invoice is recorded in a currency other than EUR, you can choose to record the payment in EUR or in the other currency used.
Note: Currency differences too small to be posted, will be removed and logged under Reports - Activity Log - Currency log. Read more.
- Enter the Date, Payment Method, whether it is a Full Payment or a Part Payment, as well as the Received Amount and register any Deviations, such as a round off for example. A positive deviation is entered with a minus sign in front of the amount.
- Click on Register Payment when you are done. You will see your payment appear in the payment tab under any previous payments made on this invoice.
- If the invoice is recorded in another currency than your base currency the application will calculate any exchange rate difference automatically. This happens only during the final payment of the invoice. The difference is posted on the accounts that you have chosen for Exchange rate differences under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts.
Registering a payment under the payment tab
- Go to Invoicing - Payments. Here, you can see all unpaid overdue invoices. You can also search for invoices by invoice number or due date in the filter.
- Check the box for the invoice you want to register a payment on. If the payment date or the amount is not correct (for ex. when a partial payment has been made) you can modify this information directly in the columns. The Payment Date is the same as due date.
If you have invoices that are in another currency then the base currency, you cannot pay them under the payments tab. You must go into each invoice to make the payment as we describe above.
- If you want to change the Payment Date for multiple invoices simultaneously, check the boxes and then, type a new date in the Payment Date box in the footer and click on Change Date. See below.
- If you want to register a Write-off on an invoice, click on the box at the right end of the row. See picture below.
- A new window appears where you can enter the account where you can allocate the payment being written off. You can do this provided you are certain that the payment will not be received at all. The written off amount can be divided to five accounts. Click on Save when ready.
- For all payments except write-offs, choose a Payment Method and click on Post.
- If you want to add more payment methods you can do you so under Settings – Invoicing/Accounting - Banking & Payments.