To be able to send a customer invoice by email, the following settings are a prerequisite:
- You must have a recipient’s email address specified on the customer in the Customer Registry. Go to Register - Customers - (Select Customer) - Document Delivery Options.
- The sender name, the sender email address, a subject as well as a message contents for the email, must also be registered under Settings - Purchase Order/Invoicing/Sales Order - Email documents.
How you send your Invoice via Email:
- Go to Invoicing - Customer Invoices. Click on the invoice you want to send to open it. Select Email as Action in the action bar at the bottom of your screen and click on Save.
- A modal appears displaying the email you are about to send. Click on OK to confirm or Cancel to go back to the invoice.
- If you click on OK, a message appears confirming your email has been sent, with the invoice as an attachment.
- In the list on the far right hand side, there is a @-symbol indicating that the invoice was sent by email. If you hold the cursor over the icon you will see when the email was sent and to whom.
Invoices can also be sent by email via the mass management functionality built into the customer Invoice list.