In Briox we use account classes to create the hierarchical structure for our Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Reports.
In the account class tree we also determine what sections should be shown as headers (Heading) and which should show sums (Sum heading) for the sections.
All accounts in your chart of accounts that are to appear in these reports need to be linked to an account class. The linking can be done under the accounts in the chart of accounts or by linking the account to an account class directly under the account class.
Go to Registry - Chart of accounts - Accounts classes.
Click yourself down into the tree structure in the left hand column. Information about each account class will appear in the right hand column and you will see all the information about the account class as well as what accounts are linked to the various account classes.
- Add accounts to an account class by using the picker button by the account number or typing the account number or name in the account field
- If you want to edit the account class tree you can create new account classes by clicking on Add new in the section you wish to add an account class to. This is possible at each level.
Fill in the account class information in the right hand column. Remember to save.
- If you want to change the structure of the account class tree you can ask support to unlock the tree so that you can drag ad drop the account classes to new positions.
The Micro, Abridged and Compact reports
To be able to create the official reports: Micro Balance and Micro P&L in Finland and the official Abridged and Compact Balance and P&L reports in Lithuania, we have created Official groups to which your account classes can be linked.
The official Micro, Standard & Abridged groups follow a fixed structure which represents how the report is presented, which is according to each countries' official guidelines.
Please note: To be able to produce a Micro report (FI) or an official Standard & Abridged report (LT) automatically you need to create a new financial year with the Briox Standard COA.
If you want to use your report in the current financial year, you can map the account classes manually to your official groups or ask support for help. We can mapp the account classes for you, according to our 2020 structure and you will have to control that everything is correct.
The compact reports
To be able to present the official compact reports according to regulations:
- We show the mid-sums as specified in the account class under Sum heading.
- We hide certain account classes from the report and present their sums with their parent class.
- We also offer the possibility to designate specific accounts classes to be displayed as headers only.
This is done by simply checking a box at the level of the account class. See below.
Note: Any box can be checked or unchecked enabling you to further customise you Official compact balance sheet or P&L reports.
Check you account class and group mapping
If you want to check how your accounts are mapped to account classes and / or official groups you can check the mapping in your chart of accounts list or print your chart of accounts as a report
The Chart of Accounts list
Go to Registry - Chart of accounts - Chart of accounts. Make sure the quick settings for Account Classes & Official groups are turned on. see below.
You will then see two columns in the list displaying what account class and what Official Group each account is linked to.
Print your chart of account as a report
Go to Report - Reports - Registries and Lists, select the report called Chart of accounts, then select Show as list.
The report will display the Account Classes and the Official Groups each account is linked to, whether or not you have the quick settings turned on to display these columns in the account class list.