Lock an Account
Locking an account means that no-one can post anything to that account or make a change to that account within the locked-until period.
The functionality is available under Accounting - Account Reconciliation, as well as directly under Registry - Chart of Accounts. It is designed to give the accountant or user the possibility to feel safe that once reconciled, the account is safe and no-one can make changes to it.
If a user tries to post something to an account that is locked, and is within the locked period, they will get a message that the account is locked and needs to be unlocked by a user that has the appropriate user rights.
Note: This functionality will work independently from locking periods which locks all accounts to a certain period for certain users.
Workflow to lock an account:
Wether you are working in the account reconciliation view or in the chart of accounts the workflow for locking an account is identical
- Under click on the padlock icon at the end of the row of the account you want to lock.
- A pop up appears offering you the possibility to enter a lock until date for this specific account. Today's date is always default
- Enter a date until which the account is to be locked.
- Click Lock
- The Lock until date will then be displayed beside a closed padlock at the end of the row until the account is unlocked or a new locked-until date is entered.
Unlock an Account
If you need to unlock an account to be able post or change a transaction, you need to have the same user rights as mentioned above: Lock / Unlock Account under Accounting User Rights.
You also have the possibility to carry out the actions from under Accounting - Account Reconciliation, as well as from under Registry - Chart of Accounts.
Workflow to unlock an account:
- Click on the padlock icon of the account you want to unlock.
- The date pop up appears:
Here you have the option to unlock the account completely or enter a new locked until date & click Lock again.