The balance specification report is available both under the accounting reports and directly from the Account Reconciliation view.
This report always shows all the unreconciled transactions for all the balance sheet accounts.
- all unreconciled transactions are detailed under each account.
- the sums of the unreconciled transactions are displayed in one column only.
- The subtotals and totals of each section are displayed as in the balance sheet report.
- There is no financial year constraint on this report and it can be taken out to a specific date only. This means that all unreconciled transactions, no matter what financial year they belong to, will be included.
Always displayed are also:
- The account classes that have accounts with unreconciled transactions
- The journal description
- Sum of unreconciled transactions for the period
- as options:
- account numbers
- journal numbers
- Summarised subledgers
- Displaying groups only
If this option is chosen in the report selection window, the subledgers will be summed up in one row with Total & a To date in the account name, and the detail of all the open transactions on the account will not be displayed. See below:
Displaying groups only:
If you have created groups of unreconciled transactions under Reconcile Account. You have the option to display groups in the Balance specification report. If all transactions are not grouped, the journal description will default in as a description for the row.
Note: If a journal is in another financial year then the one you are currently working in, the drill down will not be available and you need to change financial year in the top bar to be able to drill down to the journal.
Similarly, when drilling down to an account, you will only see the transactions for the financial year you are standing in.
The report title can be edited.
The report can, as usual, be viewed on screen, printed as a PDF or exported to Excel
If you are starting to work with the Briox reconciliation, you may need to Mass reconcile transactions to get up to date before you get started.