In Briox Invoicing you can carry out price updates for your items. Price Updating means that you have the possibility to update the prices on several or all of your items simultaneously.
The update can be done via a percentage, with units of currency or via an index (for example a currency rate). It is even possible to increase/decrease all prices with for example both 5% and 5 units of currency simultaneously.
Your starting point is always an existing price list or the purchase prices of the items. You either update your existing price list, or you choose to create a new price list in which you can save the new prices that are the product of the update.
You choose how the prices are to be rounded. You can even make advanced selections in the cases where a price update does not apply to all the items in a price list.
Go to Registry - Items - Price Updates.
Exempel 1: Update your price list with a percentage increase in the same price list
If you want to make a general price increase or decrease, proceed as follows:
- Select the price list the conversion is to be based on, or if the updated prices should be based on the purchase price, which can be registered on the items in the item registry.
- Select the price list you want to update or create a new price list.
In this case, we want to make a general price increase on our current Price List A and update the price list itself. Select the radio button in front of Update and Price List A in the dropdown menu (that is if you have several price lists). See below.
- Choose whether you want to carry out a price update on all items or on a selection only.
In this example we will choose all items. See Advanced selection.
- The next step is to choose the type of change the price list is to undergo.
Percent - Enter here the percentage increase or decrease in price. If you click on the arrow, you can combine the percentage change with a monetary increase or decrease. See below.
Index - Some industries use indexes. In the field Opening index, enter the index you have today, and in the field Outgoing index, the index which is to be valid after the change. If you click on the arrow, you can, in addition to the indexed change, add a monetary change.
The index functionality is also practical for creating price lists in other currencies.
EUR - Specify here the monetary increase or reduce in units of currency only.
At the bottom of your page you have the following choices:
- Click on Execute if you want to carry out your price update or Cancel if you want to stop.
- Show price update report will show how your prices look after the update. If you have updated prices within the same list, then you can see before and after prices. See below.
- If you are not happy with what you have done, you can reset the conversion by clicking on Reset Conversion. A pop-up window will confirm your reset.
Example 2: Update your prices with a percentage reduction and create a new price list
If you want to create a price list which is to be for VIP customers for example, or if you are going to have a campaign with 10% discount on everything in the store, you can create a new price list with the following choices:
Example 3: Update prices by an Index change and create a new price list
In this example we are using out base currency price list in (EUR) to create a USD price list using the exchange rate of 1 euro to 1.12 USD. The conversion looks like this:
The advanced selection window offers you the possibility to carry out price updates on specific items in your price list. Create your search criteria in the window and search for your items.
Searches can be saved.