Briox gives you the option to import items instead of having to register them manually.
- Go to Registry - Items - Add Item - Import.
- Save your item registry as a tab-separated text-file (.txt) (using UTF8 as encoding if you have any special characters). The information in your files should be arranged in columns without any spaces between the rows.
If you are a Mac user please save your file as a Windows Formatted Text (.txt).
- Once you have a list of your items ready in the correct file format, click on the Choose File button and select the file you want to import.
- If you want Briox to create item numbers for you, then check the Automatically create Item No. box. Select what you want to with duplicates and Non existing units with the radio buttons. Upload the file when you are ready.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will see the columns in the preview area. If you have headings to your columns you must tick the box “Ignore first row”.
- You can then select the headings for each row by clicking on the box above each column and ticking the box in front of the designations which best fit your columns. You can even choose several designations per column. See the picture below.
- Once all the columns have been allocated appropriate headings click on the Import File button at the bottom of your screen. Answer OK if you want to confirm the import or Cancel if you want to go back.
Once the import is complete, you will be able to see the items under Registry - Items. Your items are now available for you to use when creating quotes, orders and invoices.