- Go to Invoicing - Customer Invoices and click on Create Customer Invoice. A blank invoice opens.
- At the top left hand side you see the next available serial number and the journal reference which will be allocated automatically to the invoice when it is created. These numbers are preliminary only when followed by an asterisk. The asterisk disappear when the references are allocated, that is when the invoice is saved.
- Enter the customer number or click on the selection button to see your customer registry and retrieve a customer from there. All the information you have already entered on the customer automatically populates the invoice.
A customer must always be registered on the Invoice fo you to be able to save it. If you have not already registered you customer you can do so at this point. Check that all the information in the invoice header is correct. If you also have Briox Accounting, you can at this point also enter a Project or Cost Centre for the invoice.
- Click on the Invoice Text & Addresses and tab to check that the details entered are correct. You can edit these if required. Click on the tab again to hide the fields.
- Continue by entering the items you want to invoice your customer.
Enter items in the rows by typing the item numbers or retrieving them from the item registry via the selection button. You can also add an item as you create an invoice.
- If you do not want to invoice an item from your registry you can enter only a Description (without Item No.); the columns Quantity and Unit Price must then be completed manually.
- Enter the quantity to be invoiced, the item price as well as any given discount. If you have a purchase price you can even see the Contribution Margin & Ratio. The price of the item is retrieved from the price list set on the customer in the Customer registry. If no price list is assigned to the customer, then the price will be retrieved from the default price list.
- You can add Shipping Charges, Invoice Charges and Invoice Discounts in the footer of the new invoice. Click on Save when all details have been completed. If a field is inactive (grey) and you are unable to fill in anything, it is because there is no default account registered under Registry- Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts.
- Once you have entered all the information click on Save or Post in the action bar at the bottom of your screen. If you choose to Save, your invoice will be displayed as status unposted, with a yellow dot in the invoice list. As long as an invoice is saved and not posted, you can always open it to modify its contents.