With the Depreciation report you can extract a list of your Assets with the status of their depreciation at a specific date.
In the report selection window you can select the period and status of the Asset & order the report by Asset Number or Description within the various asset type groupings.
The Report can be printed:
- on screen
- as a PDF
- to Excel
The available status are the following:
- Activated & Fully written off
- Fully written off
The columns and their definitions are:
- Depreciable basis = the Acquisition value of the asset + write-ups - write-downs - any percentage (% ) of the asset that is sold or scrapped.
- Opening Balance accumulated depreciation (OB depr.) = The sum of all the depreciation that has been written off in previous financial years.
- Current year’s depreciation = Sum of the depreciation to date for the financial year.
- Accumulated depreciation (Acc. depr.) = All Depreciation for the asset = OB acc. depreciation + Current year’s depreciation
- Book Value = Depreciable basis - OB accumulated depreciation.
The totals offered in the report are:
- a total per column
- a total per asset type
- at the bottom, a total for the period, summing up the various asset types
- The depreciation adjustment carried out after the partial sale or scrapping of an asset (the part of the depreciation that gets transferred to the new asset created) is deducted entirely from the current year's depreciation. So if no depreciation has been carried out in the current year, the number displayed under current year's depreciation will be negative.
The total amount for the depreciation adjustment is calculated based on the total depreciation carried out though.
- Also, if the depreciation report is looking at a period prior to a partial sale or scrapping, we will display the historical value of the depreciation carried out (as in the journals) and not the decreased value as calculated in the depreciation plan after the partial sale or scrapping (Decreased by the percentage that is sold or scrapped).