The Reminder process in Briox has been improved to offer you the possibility to incorporate debt collection into your workflow. If you have a debt collection company you want to work with via the API or manually, both are possible.
Read here how you set up your reminder cycle in Briox.
- Go to Invoicing- Reminders
- Send your reminder as usual. A minimum of 1 reminder must be sent to the customer before invoices can be sent to debt collection. Read here how to create a reminder.
- Once you have sent all the reminders in your reminder cycle, the invoice will automatically be picked up by the filter: Due for Debt Collection.
- Select the invoices you want to Send to debt collection & click on the button with the same name at the bottom of you screen. Your Debt collection system will be able to get those invoices through the API.
Note: If you do not have an integration partner, this action will only give the invoice the correct status & you will need to send the invoice to debt collection manually.
- If you are working manually, you can print a list of the invoices you want to send to debt collection by clicking on the Preview button to get a pdf with all the invoices. Then you can use the Send to debt collection button to update the status of the invoices.
- Select the filter Sent to debt collection
- The invoices you have just dispatched will have the status Pending.
- You can revert sending to debt collection for both for invoices that have status: Pending or Received. To revert an invoice:
- choose the filter Sent to debt collection
- select the invoices that are to be reverted
- click on Revert from debt collection at the bottom of your screen
- the invoices revert their status to Due for Debt collection and appear when that filter is chosen.
Note: If you revert an invoice that has status: Received you must contact the Debt collection company as the reverting only affects the status of the invoice in Briox. When you revert such an invoice you will get a reminder that you need to contact your Debt collection company to inform them that you do not want them to continue the process.
- The Debt collection system collects the invoice through the API and sends back an acknowledgment to the Briox system so we know that the Debt collection system has taken care of the invoice. The Status will be Received.
- To facilitate the identification of invoices that have been sent to debt collection when you are processing your payments in Briox, the “document” icon is light up in different colors depending on which status the document has.
The statuses are as follow:
Disabled/transparent - not printed
White - Printed
Black - Reminder printed
Yellow - Send to debt collection
Green - Accepted by debt collection service
See below statuses under banking how it may look.
- You are able to follow these statuses in the various invoice lists:
- under Invoicing - Customer Invoices
- under Invoicing - Payments
- under Banking - Process transaction
- When the invoice is marked as paid in full the invoice will disappear from this debt collection workflow.
- The normal workflow is that the customer pays the Debt collection company who in turn pays you. If your customer happens to pay you directly, you will need to solve this together with your Debt collection company.