Before you start using the feature for sending reminders to your customers there are a few settings you have to complete.
Go to Settings - Invoicing and select Reminders.
Here you will find two sets of Settings: One is for Business to Business and the other is for Business to private person.
These settings will affect the reminders created depending on which Customer type you have set on your customer in the registry: Company or Private.
For both Business & Private the field are identical:
- Fill in the Number of days past due date. You specify how many days must go by after the invoice falls due for payment, before a reminder should be printed.
- Fill in the number of days between reminders. Here you specify how many days should elapse before the next reminder is printed (if you want to send more than one reminder).
- Fill in the Number of reminders in cycle. Here you specify how many reminders you want to be able to send to your customers. Maximum are 9 reminders.
- Enter an amount in the field Demand fee, if you want a demand fee to be added to the invoice amount. If you send more than one reminder, this fee is accumulated for each reminder sent.
- Enter a name in the field Our Reference. Here you enter the reference that is to appear on reminders. If you do not specify a name here, the reference will be retrieved from the customer register.
- At the bottom are shown as many text boxes as you have registered under number of reminders in cycle. Enter a free text for each reminder in the boxes. This text will then be printed at the bottom of Reminder number 1, number 2, etc. When you have completed your settings, click Save.
- If you are going to use the functionalities Demand fee and Interest on Overdue Payments on your reminders, you can check what accounts are used to book these fees under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Default Accounts.
For the Demand fee use Sales - other income under section Sales.
For Interest on Overdue Payments use Interest Receivable under section Other.
If you change account numbers remember to Save.
- To be able to send reminders via e-mail, you must specify a sender name, sender e-mail a subject and a message (description) under Settings - Invoicing/Purchase Order/Sales Order - Email documents.