Only Consultants can manage a Client's accounting
Step 1 : Add the Accountant to the accounting firm account
If the Accountant who is going to carry out the accountancy work in the client account is new and has to be added, this must be done first at the level of the Accounting firm account:
- Go to the window in which your accounting firm account and Client Manager are open and click on the Settings icon and then on Licences & Users.
If you do not see the Users tab, it is because you are not an Administrator.
If you do not see the Add New User button, it is because you are not the System Administrator.
The user who is an Application Administrator can determine what access rights the other users have in the application he or she is administrator for. The System Administrator can add new users as well as determine their access rights.
- Click on Add New User
- A registration form opens where you can register the new user by filling in their personal data, language setting and login email.
See picture below.
- At this point you can also give the consultant Access Rights in the accounting firm account. If the consultant is only going to login to client accounts and work, the only rights he or she needs in the Client Manager is the right to Login to client account. See picture below.
- Remember to save the user.
- The new consultant user will receive an invitation email for the new login. Please note that the new consultant will not appear in the client manager account's user list until he or she has activated their user account. Activation instructions and links will be sent in the email. You can send yourself a preview of the invitation email, as well as modify its text freely.
Step 2 : Add the accountant to the client account, (method 1)
We have a new easier method for assigning consultants to the client accounts. Under the Add user button,
you can find a new button called Manage consultants.
On this page, you can assign your accountants/consultants to your client companies. You can also purchase a Client manager module for your consultant users, in case they do not have it already.
In Step 1, you have to select the consultants you want to assign the client companies to. You can choose more than one, and they will be assigned the same access rights based on the selection made in Step 3. The Position next to the consultant's name, determines if the consultant will be a regular consultant User or System admin in the client accounts. If a consultant is a System admin in the client account, he or she will have all the rights including the right to add new users and configure user rights and modules in the client account.
Step 2: Select the client companies managed under your client manager account. If you have many clients, you can also use the Filter to search by company name.
You can see which consultants have already been assigned for each company by clicking the Assigned consultants- icon on the account row:
Step 3: Select a Role for the assigned consultants. A Role is a predefined set of user access rights in the client companies, so the rights can be tailored to each accountant-client relation separately. If no role is selected, Briox default role will give the consultant the basic default roles in the client account.
Roles can be created and managed under Settings - Client manager - Role templates, or by clicking Add New Role.
Step 4: Click Assign Consultant(s) to apply and assign the consultants to client accounts.
In case you want to remove a consultant, you can use the Unassign Consultant(s) -button. This will remove the selected consultant(s) from selected client accounts if they no longer work with the chosen client accounts.
All the changes are immediate after clicking Assign/Unassign, so your consultants rights in the client accounts does not require any extra separate confirmation or activation steps.
Add the accountant to the client account, (method 2)
The new accountant we have added in the accounting firm account must now be added as an accountant in the client’s account. To do this you remain in the accounting firm account and the Client Manager.
- Go to Client manager - Client Overview.
- When you have located the company, click on the Administer consultants icon at the end of the row.
- In the Edit client account view you can add the new consultant John as a User in the Client account. See below. Click on Save to confirm your choices.
When you have gone through the steps above, the consultant automatically has full access to all the customer’s applications and can log in and start working in the client account via his /her Client Manager.