With Briox E-invoicing you can:
- send e-invoices to your customers' finance systems via EDI.
- send customer invoices to the print service
If your customer cannot receive your e-invoice, your customer invoice is then automatically sent to the print service, which will print and send your invoices for you.
To be able to send electronic invoices and use the print service you must have enabled the Briox e-invoicing service.
Before you activate the e-invoicing service it is very important that you have given all the obligatory information under Settings - Company settings - Company information. Obligatory fields are: company name (name), adress, postcode/city, country, phone number, your first name and surname, company number, VAT number, bank account number (IBAN and BIC), and email.
Activate the functionality in following way
- To be able to activate the service you must be an Application Administrator for invoicing. You can check the setting under Admin - Users. Select a user and click on the right side of the list, or the pen symbol at the end of the row of the user. Access rights window will open:
- Activate the functionality under Settings - Invoicing - E-invoice, by sliding the switch buttons to the right so that it is green.
- Under Invoicing - Customer invoices - Create customer invoice, create the invoice you want to send as an electronic invoice. Then select E-invoice as Action in the action bar at the bottom of the screen. Click on Send.
- Click OK in the confirmation window that appears informing that the e-invoice has been sent.
- An Electronic Address is required to be able to send or receive electronic documents. The purpose of this field is to identify you as the sender when you send electronic invoices. Your electronic address is the electronic version of your invoicing address. You can see the electronic address under Settings - Accounting/Invoicing - E-invoice.
It is APIX (our e-invoicing service supplier) that generates your e-invoicing address. It is composed as follows: 0037 + Company's FO number + 614.
Your electronic address should appear immediately but can take up to 24 hours to appear.
Note: If you want to inform your customers that you can send and receive e-invoices, you can inform them by adding it to your invoice as an invoice text.
- The option Print Service will automatically be selected under Registry - Customers - (select customer) - Document delivery options on all the customers in the customer registry. If a customer is to receive their invoices in some other fashion (not as electronic invoices or via the print service), you can select a suitable alternative under Delivery Method in the drop-down menu. See below.
- Enter the Electronic Address for your customer.
When e-invoicing is activated you can start sending your customer invoices as e-invoices.
- As it is increasingly common that the same (Customer) e-Invoice address is registered on multiple operators, we have added the possibility to add the operator Service ID to the customer registry.
This setting will override the Apix autorouting and send the e-Invoice to the operator of your customer's choice and whose operator service ID you have entered.
Entering the Operator Service ID is optional in Briox.
If you want to send e-invoices to private customers, please read the article Sending e-invoices to private customers (B2C).