In all Briox programs multiple users can work together. If you are an administrator, you have the possibility to decide which parts of a program a user should have access to. By attributing user rights to the user you can decide what they can do but also limit their access to certain functions. If you use Briox Accounting and Invoicing, you can for example, let the user create invoices but not allow him to post or cancel them.
Add a user
- Click on Settings icon in the sidebar and then on Licences & Users. If you do not see the Users tab, it is because you are neither the System Administrator nor an Application Administrator.
- Click on Add new User in the top navigation bar (blue button). Only the System Administrator can see this button.
- A new user registration form opens where you can register a new user by filling in their personal information, and basic login information. See picture below.
- Remember to Save user to add the new user.
- In next step, and an email invitation to the new user will be sent. You are able to customize the message that you will send out, and you also have the possibility to send yourself a preview of the invitation:
- User receives the invitation. The new user has to add a new password for accessing Briox via confirmation email. If the user is already having a previous Briox account, they can enter their normal login detail to gain access.
Please note, the new user will not be visible on the user list before user has been confirmed.
Give a user access rights
Once a user is registered in the system, or as you are in the process of registering one as described above, you can determine their Access Rights in the modules setup view. When setting Access Rights for an existing user, the Application Administrator can take over from the System Administrator.
- Select a user and click on the right side of the list, or the pen symbol at the end of the row of the user. Access rights window will open:
- Under Access rights, you set Application Administrator, Application user, or System Admin rights.
Both Administrators will have full rights over the account he or she is administrator for, but only the System Administrator can add new users.
- Check the features to which the user should have access rights. If you want the user to have full rights for all the features in an application, of you want to fine-tune the access rights for each module, you can click on the expand button in the end of the row. To Select all / deselect all detailed rights for each module, use the checkbox in front of the module. ✔- symbol means all rights are selected in the selected product, and + symbol means that only partial rights are selected. When you are done, click Save.
- If there are features which should not be available to the user, leave the check box empty for this feature. For example if a user is not going to actively work with his / her accounting but only wants to be able to look at it and create reports you can check the boxes as in the picture below:
- Click on Save when ready. You will see that the user has rights to Briox Accounting for example, as a check appears under accounting on the row beside the user’s name. A license for accounting has now been registered on this account and will be invoiced according to the choices you made when you created the account (paid by the customer or the accounting agency).
- You can now welcome the user into their Briox web-based Accounting.
Edit or disable a user
The system administrator can disable a user who will no longer use the system by un-checking the active "Active" switch on the personal settings view.
Personal settings view is accessed either clicking on the left side of the user list (on the user name f.ex), or using the person icon at the end of the user row.
Assigned permissions disappear immediately and the user can no longer log into the program. If a user resigns, it is possible to anonymise the user's personal data by replacing it with, for example, xxx.
There are two ways to update a user's personal data:
- Users can update their personal data themselves by updating the information in the rights hand sidebar, under Your account - Basic information.
- The system administrator can contact Briox Support.