In all Briox programs multiple users can work together. If you are an administrator, you have the possibility to decide which parts of a program a user should have access to. By attributing user rights to the user you can decide what they can do but also limit their access to certain functions. If you use Briox Accounting and Invoicing, you can for example, let the user create invoices but not allow him to post or cancel them.
Add a user
- Click on Settings icon in the sidebar and then on Licences & Users. If you do not see the Users tab, it is because you are neither the System Administrator nor an Application Administrator.
- Click on Add new User in the top left hand corner. Only the System Administrator can see this button.
- A new user registration form opens where you can register a new user by filling in their personal data, settings and login information. See picture below.
- Remember to Save to add the new user.
Give a user access rights
Once a user is registered in the system, or as you are in the process of registering one as described above, you can determine their Access Rights in the same view. When setting Access Rights for an existing user, the Application Administrator can take over from the System Administrator.
- Select a user and the user registration form will open.
- Under Administration you set System and Application Administrator rights.
Both Administrators will have full rights over the account he or she is administrator for, but only the System Administrator can add new users.
- Check the features to which the user should have access rights. If you want the user to have full rights for all the features in an application, you can click on the Select all / deselect all box and then Save.
- If there are features which should not be available to the user, leave the check box empty for this feature. For example if a user is not going to actively work with his / her accounting but only wants to be able to look at it and create reports you can check the boxes as in the picture below:
- Click on Save when ready. You will see that the user has rights to Briox Accounting for example, as a check appears under accounting on the row beside the user’s name. A license for accounting has now been registered on this account and will be invoiced according to the choices you made when you created the account (paid by the customer or the accounting agency).
- You can now send their login and password to the customer, and invite them into their Briox web-based Accounting.
Edit or disable a user
The system administrator can disable a user who will no longer use the system by un-checking the active "Active" checkbox. Assigned permissions disappear immediately and the user can no longer log into the program. If a user resigns, it is possible to anonymise the user's personal data by replacing it with, for example, xxx.
There are two ways to update a user's personal data:
- Users can update their personal data themselves by updating the information in the rights hand sidebar, under Your account - Basic information.
- The system administrator can contact Briox Support.