As a new user, you can manually enter your previous years’ closing balances as opening balances. Under Registry - Chart of Accounts - Opening Balances type the balances directly in the columns for Debit and Credit for each account.
You can also transfer balances brought forward from last year's accounts if you have several years posted in Briox.
- Go to Registry - Chart of Accounts - Opening Balances.
- Click on the Transfer button to transfer the balances from the previous financial year.
- Instead of using the Transfer button, you can also enter your opening balances directly into the Debit/Credit columns for each account.
- Click on Save when finished.
- You shall be in the financial year as you want to transfer the balances to when you transfer the opening balances. You can check what year you work in at the top right corner.
- You can transfer the opening balances several of times if you make changes in a previous year.
- If you are not done with the financial statements, then the opening balances do not balance. See the red warning text below.
It only disappears when you are done with posting the result from previous financial year and transferred the balances again.
- Note that the year's last verification must be posted in order for the balances to be correct.
- If the opening balances does not balance after you have posted the profit of the year in the previous year, control that all accounts you transfer from are listed in the new year.