The first step in matching invoices is importing a bank statement, which can be downloaded from bank, to Briox.
Note! The following file formats can be used for import: CSV, SEPA (cant.053.001.02) and MT940.
- Go to Accounting - Banking - Import Bank Statement.
- Choose the file you have received from bank from your computer.
- Choose the correct file format.
- Give a name to the file that is to be imported.
- If the file format is CSV, Ignore the first row is automatically activated. Otherwise it will be shown as greyed out. Choose Ignore first row, if the file contains headers. If you are not sure, you can check the box after having uploaded the file, we recommend this as it is helpful to have the headers when matching.
- If you do not which Briox to automatically match invoices for you, remove the check box from the field Automatically suggest matches. Matching is based on reference number, invoice amount and transaction date.
- Finally click Import File.
- If you are importing a CSV-file from the bank you need to match the columns in your file at this point. See picture below. Columns which do not require matching can be marked with the alternative (Not in use). When matching columns, your selections will be saved, so that next time you upload a similar file, the columns will be matched automatically. All other file formats will be imported automatically without the need for matching.
- Once you are done matching your columns click on Import file.