In order to quickly become productive with the Briox CRM, you can import data from other registers and programs.
When you initiate your import, a wizard starts-up and guides you through your import in four steps. You are invited to match your import file with the fields that are created in the Briox CRM.
If you can transfer your data from your existing system to a tab-delimited text-file, then you can import it to the Briox CRM. You can also create an Excel file and save it as a tab delimited text file.
- The first step is to re-save your file as a tab delimited txt-file and upload it under CRM -Companies - Import. Click on Next.
- The Second step of the import, consists in giving your import a Name and choosing Keys from the drop-down menus.
Keys are unique values that enable the application to recognise a company and update its information. You should always use the same Keys. Lastly, choose what you want to do by ticking the various check boxes.
- In the Companies box match the field names that correspond to the different columns in your file. If you have headings in your file do not forget to tick the box “Ignore first row” in the import info box (see picture above). When you are ready you can move onto contacts.
- Proceed in the same way as above in the Contacts field. Note that in the import file the company which the contact is to be linked to must be on the same row as the company and there is no problem having the same company on 100 rows as the key will identify it as the same company and only add the new contacts without creating duplicates of the company.
- In the User info box you can select which user is to be affiliated to the import if you are several users in the system.
Remember that at any time during the process you can go back to the previous step by clicking on Back. If you are satisfied with your matches click on Next.
- In the third step of the import you are shown a preview of what you are in the process of importing. Now is the time to check that everything looks correct before clicking on Import.
If you have not ticked one of the following boxes in the first step of the import and there are duplicates in the import file, a Duplicates button will appear.
You can click on it to see what duplicates you have in the import file. See picture below.
- When you are ready click on Import and an import report will appear.
- All imports are logged in the application and you can find this log under Companies - Import History. All imported customers and contacts are marked with the name of the import they were imported with. You can see this on the company or contact card.
Here you can also view all previous imports, when they were carried out, by which user and how many companies / contacts were imported on each occasion.