The Linked Documents section of the Archive has a predetermined structure based on:
- Whether the supporting documents are available -> Purple inboxes
- Whether the supporting documents have been used -> Green folders organised chronologically by years and months according to when an accounting entry was created with the supporting document.
- what modules you have available
You cannot create, edit or delete the folders under Linked Documents.
You can, as in the rest of the Archive, email files to the inboxes of the linked documents section & edit the emails of the various folders. Read more.
The folders appear according to the modules you have access to. There is one general Inbox folder and specific subfolder inboxes for each features which works with linked documents. The documents that are in the inboxes are available to link to your accounting entries.
The inbox folders are:
- Supplier E-invoices
- Customer Invoices
- Financial Statements
- Supplier Invoices
- Journal Support
Once a document has been linked in accounting , invoicing, or Financial statements they disappear from the purple inboxes and are organised in the green folders according to the documents they have been linked to as supporting evidence.
For the financial statements there is an extra intermediary folder called "Custom section files" where documents that are used in custom sections are stored before the report has been saved to Linked documents. This is to make sure that a documents used in your financial section does not get used elsewhere.
The green folders are:
- Customer invoices
- Financial statements
- Journal drafts
- Journal support
- Supplier invoices
- VAT reports
All the subfolders are sorted by year and month (the journal date, VAT report date, etc...) and are created automatically when you link a document.
From here you can:
- drill down to the journals or invoices by clicking on the journal or invoice numbers (to do this you must be in the same financial year as the documents).
- examine the supporting document by clicking on he image icon at the end of the row.
Under Linked Documents, documents in the following formats can be stored: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, pdf and tiff.
The payroll Folder of Linked documents
As an employee you can scan receipts and expenses to the Payroll folder of linked documents.
The payroll folder differs from others in that only specific users can see the folder itself and the documents once they have been linked to a journal or an invoice.
- systems administrators
- users with the right to view Payroll documents (see beow)
NOTE: Auditors can see all documents linked to journals including payroll documents.