The idea behind the integration is that you are able to link and display scanned documents in Briox Accounting. All documents are physically stored in the Briox Archive. To be able to access the Linked documents section of the Document Archive, you must have access rights to Journals and / or Supplier Invoices in Briox Accounting.
To edit user access rights, go to Admin - Users and click on pen symbol at the end of the row of the user whose rights you want to edit. Click on the expand button at the end of the row of the Accounting module to see detailed rights. Make sure the boxes highlighted below are checked if the user is to have access to Linked Documents in the Archive.
Workflow to link documents to a supplier invoice
1. Go to Supplier Invoice - Supplier invoices.
Click on Create Supplier Invoice if you wish to create a new one or open an existing invoice by clicking on it in the list.
2. Click on the Linked Documents Icon in the toolbar to open the pane on the right hand side of your screen. Next, click on the button Add document. See below.
3. Now you can see the documents that are available from the Archive's Linked Documents Inbox. Use the drop-down menu to switch between inboxes. You can also upload a new document directly in the view by dropping it on the drop-zone or clicking on Browse Files.
4. Click on the file name and the preview of the document will open. If you wish to link the document to the invoice click on the Link button next to the files' name. See below.
5. When you link a document, you can see the number of documents linked to an invoice in parenthesis by the tab name. Use the arrows in the pane to browse between the images. See below.
6 . The number by the Linked Documents Icon also indicates how many documents are linked to the specific invoice. See below.
7. If you wish to unlink a document from a supplier invoice, click on the Unlink button as shown below. Answer OK to the control question. The document will be returned to the Archive’s Linked Documents Inbox and is available for linking again.
The side pane remains open until you click on the Linked Documents icon or X in the pane to close it.
Workflow to link documents to a journal
1. Go to Accounting - Journals - Create Journal.
When you create a new journal, you see a list over all the documents which are available in the Inbox under Linked Documents. See below. These documents have not yet been linked to a journal or a supplier invoice. As soon as a document is linked, it disappears from the inbox.
2. Tick the box in front of the document you want to link to the journal. See below. When you have ticked the box, the content of the document appears in a display section on the right side of the screen. Then click on Post or Save.
3. When you look at the journal list or the supplier invoice list, (under Accounting - Journals - List or Supplier Invoice - Supplier Invoices) an icon on the far right, indicates that a document is linked to the journal or the supplier invoice. See below. Click on the icon to view the document.
4. Go to Accounting - Journals - List and open a journal by clicking on it. You will find the Show linked source documentation icon in the toolbar in the top right hand corner.
Click on the icon and the source document display view will open. In this view, you can unlink one or more images from the journal to which they were previously linked. See below.
5. Unlinked documents are returned to the Archive’s Linked Documents Inbox and are available for linking again.
If you want to delete the document you can click on the recycling bin at the end of the line. See below.